Tuesday, July 30, 2013

MTC (Missionary Training Center) Week 5 (July 30, 2013)

Hey everyone!

Big news! I GOT MY VISA!!! Just a few hours ago!! I'm supposed to leave Monday morning at 7:30 AM, leave Salt Lake at 11:10, arrive in Detroit at 4:38 PM, leave for Sau Paulo at 7:45, arrive at 7:20 AM the next day, leave at 2:35 PM and arrive in Porto Alegre at 4:20 PM. Then probably take a bus to Santa Maria from there. Looooong trip, but I'm SO EXCITED!!! I have two doctor's appointments this Thursday and Friday so by Friday I will know if I can leave for Brazil this week or not. Hopefully all is well and I'll be able to go, but there's a chance I'll have to reschedule my flight and stay here at the MTC an extra week or two to heal. Keep me in your prayers! I know they've helped me a lot!
 
This week has been pretty fantastic! Every day I keep thinking "There's no way tomorrow can be better than today," and then it IS better! Last Friday we got to Skype with a Brazilian named Paulo, and that was really cool. It was hard to understand him because of the connection, but I was relieved that when I could hear him well enough, I could understand the words he was saying. It's unbelievable how much I've learned since I got here! Just awesome. So on Saturday night my teacher Irma Petitta got engaged!! We were so excited for her! She told us all about it on Monday, and we told her we had been praying for her that weekend, since we all kind of suspected it would happen. She laughed when we told her that. Sunday was interesting. There have been some protesters outside the temple every Sunday for the past few weeks when we've gone on our temple walk, but last Sunday, one of them tried to heal me. It was a bit uncomfortable, but an interesting experience for sure. I felt awkward because this random man came up to me, put his hand on my shoulder, and then started praying while staring directly into my eyes. I wasn't sure how to respond, so after about 15 seconds I just apologized and started walking away. Yikes... Monday was awesome because it was MIDDLE PART MONDAY!!! We all parted our hair in the middle, and we even got our teachers to do it with us! The elders looked so hilarious. It brought joy to my heart just to look around the room during class. So awesome. And then today I got my visa!! CRAZY WEEK! I love it!!! Being a missionary is the best, most fun experience of my life!!
 
I'll let you know what's going on with my foot after I see the doctor this week. Thanks for all your prayers and support! I love you all so much! A igreja e verdadeiro!! :D
 
Com moito amor,
Sister Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment